5 May 2009

AySel: Romantic fever sweeps Nordic Europe !!!

I’ve spent the last several weeks in Stockholm with Arash preparing thoroughly for Eurovision in Moscow. In this short time, I’ve fallen deeply in love with Scandinavia and the entire Nordic Europe. Now that our pleasant stay and tough work in Stockholm are coming to their natural end and we’re packing our suitcases for Moscow, I look back at my time in Scandinavia as one of the best periods of my life. I think I am a convert and will be coming back to the Nordic countries over and over again.

I was also thinking about the songs that will represent this region in Eurovision this year. It’s kind of special and certainly very interesting in my mind that Iceland, Norway, Denmark and Sweden – the traditionally cold and strict countries – will bring such touching and lyrical songs to Eurovision this year.

There must have been some kind of romantic fever sweeping the North recently. Beware, Europe – it might melt the eternal ice up there in the Arctic J I like the ballads of Brinck, Yohanna and Alexander very much. They are so romantic. Each of them sings about the magical power of love and dream in their own special way. That is so close to me and Arash too. Malena’s voice is absolutely incredible. And her song is very energetic and has this special Nordic touch that I came to like so much.

Yohanna and Alexander are as young as I am and I feel that we have a lot in common. I like Brinck as well. I think he is cute and his song is very touching. And Malena – I’ve got a lot to learn from her I think.

I will be happy to make friends with all of them in Moscow and hopefully keep in touch after the Contest.

Always yours, AySel

No comments:

Post a Comment