12 May 2009

Aysel & Arash will be Eurovision 2009 commentators!!!

Arash’s informed commentary will help the Swedish TV audience tune in and enjoy the first semifinal of the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 on May 12. The gentleman of the Azerbaijani Eurovision duet will appear as the show commentator for the Swedish channel SVT during the live broadcast. He will speak Swedish, in which he is fully fluent. 

Arash will thus join the pantheon of celebrities who have been commentators of Eurovision for their respective countries in recent years. Last year in Belgrade, Serbia, Jean-Paul Gaultier famously was a special star commentator for the France 3 channel.

“I was very pleased though a little surprised when I got this proposal. I mean it’s a great trust but also responsibility. The first thought was like what should I say? But then I thought, hey, I’ve been here and I know first-hand what happens in this arena and how the other guys feel. After all, I’m going to be in their shoes in just two days. I would only like to ask the audience not to judge me too strictly”, said Arash.

As if she just couldn’t let her duet partner steal all the thunder, AySel, Arash’s beautiful companion, will appear as a special guest commentator for Azerbaijani public television ITV during the first Eurovision semifinal. “I’m totally busy with the choreography rehearsals but I am really excited to be at Olimpiysky that evening and help comment the first semifinal for Azerbaijani viewers. We have ourselves gone through the fire of Eurovision, we’ve personally met most of the artists. I hope our viewers will be interested to hear the impressions of those who themselves have to climb onto the stage in Moscow”, said AySel.

No comments:

Post a Comment