7 Apr 2009

AySel & Arash- in it to win it! - fresh interview

Duo's interview for OIKOTIMES! Originally posted - http://www.oikotimes.com/v2/index.php?file=articles&id=5483

Presented as a potential summer hit, AySel & Arash go to Eurovision with the hopes of one of the contests newest countries resting solely on them. After Elnur & Samir came 8th in 2008, Azerbaijan's second duo are aiming to go higher still this year. The singers of "Always" exclusively tell oikotimes.com about themselves, their song, and their Eurovision participation:

AySel, Arash our congratulations on being the 2nd representatives for Azerbaijan at Eurovision. How does it feel?

AySel: Exciting, exciting, exciting! I mean it was like WOW! I’m only 19 years old and present the whole country Azerbaijan at Eurovision it’s like a fairytale, like a dream come true! Moreover in a duo with such experienced musician as Arash. It’s great opportunity and huge responsibility at the same time. But we’ll try to do our best for Azerbaijan and show to all Europe unexpected Always show in May.


Arash: What can I add? The only one that is great to be a part of Eurovision 2009.


When were you contacted about performing in Eurovision, and have you ever worked with AySel before?
Arash: We haven’t work with each other before it’s our first time. As you know I won Azerbaijani national song selection for the Eurovision with Always and after national jury made their decision to create the duet of AySel and Arash. That is our story. I think we work with each other like no one else, it’s an amazing chemistry.

Have you ever seen Eurovision before? If so, what are some of your favourite songs?
Arash: No, never! Of course I’m joking! I don’t know how can you miss this event if you like music and live in Europe. Favourite songs? AySel, can you help?


AySel: Tricky you! It’s very hard to pick one from such a huge amount of Eurovision songs! Among my favorite song is Waterloo by Abba.

AySel for people who may not know much about you, how would you describe yourself?
Look at photo of me and you’ll find out a lot. What else? I’m not going to retell you my short bio. But just want you to know that since childhood I’ve had a dream. Every single day I’m becoming closer and closer to this dream. In May I’ll perform on the biggest European stage – on the stage of Eurovision. It’s like in that song 'I should be so lucky lucky lucky star'.

Last year, Azerbaijan qualified to the final and finished 8th in the final. Do you feel pressured to achieve another good result?
AySel: I think you don’t need to bother even to go and take part in some competition if you don’t want to win it. We are aiming to improve result for Azerbaijan this year.

Arash: Of course, we will do everything possible to win. Our song is a romantic anthem for all people. I’m saying this sincerely. So let’s see what love and belief can do nowadays cause you never know for sure.

Your song "Always"- how would you describe it?
Arash: Have you ever been in love? Always is about the strongest feeling in a world and great love story of two people.

AySel: Our song is a romantic anthem of Eurovision 2009. I’ve got nothing else to add.

And finally, how important do you think Eurovision is firstly for you, and secondly for Azerbaijan as a country?

AySel: Azerbaijan will participate only second time at the Eurovision Song Contest so it’s Important for our country. Moreover this year Azerbaijan will host the Eurovision Dance Contest thus Eurovision brand is popular all over Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani people really like this shows. For me personally Eurovision it’s a great opportunity to start my own career.

Arash: I just want to add that we are musicians and we do music which is for everybody. Always is a song for all people around the world even if you speak French, Spanish, Polish or other language. Always is about LOVE. I’m not the first one to say this but language of love is an international language and it doesn’t need any translation.

2 comments:

  1. I wish AySel & Arash well but I'm not sure that the "language of love is an international language and it doesn’t need any translation". I would love to hear them sing in a really international language, Esperanto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. Why not have a song sung in Esperanto!

    This is a serious suggestion, as you can see from the Esperanto music which is already available at http://www.vinilkosmo.com/?prs=listen or at http://video.google.(...)-8837438938991452670

    There's even cheesy Esperanto music available! See http://www.ipernity.com/home/76977 as well as http://www.lernu.net

    ReplyDelete